More plants in my 5 gallon tank! And some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Java_moose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just planted narrow anacharis, ludwigia, dwarf sag, and at petsmart something called "fringe" added to the quadrifolia and banana plant I already had. Then I added my new beta :)

The dwarf sag I bought

I just planted narrow anacharis, ludwigia, dwarf sag, and at petsmart something called "fringe" added to the quadrifolia and banana plant I already had. Then I added my new beta :)

The dwarf sag I bought

Oops! Sent it accidentally

Anyway, the dwarf sag I bought was yellowing and had leaves looking kind of sad. Can I trim it? And how far down the leaf?

Also can anyone Id what the "fringe" actually is?

Oh and I also added a red crypt wendtii

Attachments

• image-622933290.jpg
    image-622933290.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2053224154.jpg
    image-2053224154.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 53

The dwarf sag I bought

Trimming should be good for the plant. I cant tell you anything about the fringe but let me just say that is a really really cool betta!

Trimming should be good for the plant. I cant tell you anything about the fringe but let me just say that is a really really cool betta!

Ok, how much should I trim? Thank you! I haven't named him yet

I planted dwarf sag (10 of them) about a week ago and every plant has yellowing leaves. Initially I trimmed them off and now I'm just waiting for the dead leaves to "dissolve". 6 of the 10 have nice green basal leaves at the core; hoping these stay green and grow.

I planted dwarf sag (10 of them) about a week ago and every plant has yellowing leaves. Initially I trimmed them off and now I'm just waiting for the dead leaves to "dissolve". 6 of the 10 have nice green basal leaves at the core; hoping these stay green and grow.

Oh good to know! Hopefully mine will do the same. They supposedly grow pretty fast

Oh good to know! Hopefully mine will do the same. They supposedly grow pretty fast

Playing the waiting game with the sags.

If it has not already, the crypto wendtii may lose all of its leaves. Not all at once...typically the outer most ones at first. However, there should be new growth to offset the older, dying leaves.

Back
Top Bottom