More stocking advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follicle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, my young black ghost knife died a few days ago for unknown reasons. I'm missing the little guy, as he added a lot of life to the tank. I had him him a 55 gallon with a few other fish, hoping to upgrade to a 120 gallon once he got a little larger. I don't think I'm going to get another ghost knife.

Without the ghost, here is what I have now:

1 Pleco
1 African Butterfly Fish
2 Rosy Barbs
2 Serpae Tetras
2 Angelfish

I know it the Barb/Tetra count may be a bit small, but I lost the other ones I had in there during an ice storm where we lost power for nearly three days.

So my question is, what else should I put in there? I was thinking about getting three more Rosy Barbs and three more Serpae Tetras. I also wanted to get one or two more fish that would swim around towards the upper middle part of the tank, like the Angelfish.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Seems like you don't really have any big schools, or any bottom level fish.

I suggest adding 5 more of your rosy barbs and 5 more of your serpae tetras so you have two schools of seven.

Also I think a cool school of bottom feeders would be cool. Maybe some cories, dwarf cories, or some loaches. Whatever you prefer. Just don't get clown loaches if you pick loaches since they get very very very large and need tons of swimming space, which they will not achieve in a 55G very well.

Thanks for the replies! Very good suggestions.

I'm venturing off this afternoon to look around.

Back
Top Bottom