Mosquito Rasbora and African Dwarf Frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyFin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I have a ten gallon tank which I know is relatively small, so after some research on what to stock the tank with I have a stocking idea and would like to hear some expert opinions. A heavily planted tank with 8-10 Mosquito Rasbora and 3 African Dwarf Frogs. I put this stocking on AquaAdvisor and it says the stocking level is 86%-103% depending on the amount of Mosquito Rasbora. But I have also heard that AquaAdvisor is incorrect in some areas. What do you think?

Hi! I'm not an expert on frogs but I've read that you can only keep one african dwarf frog per 10 gallons. I could be wrong but I think that 10 gallons is too small for what you're wanting.

I think clawed frogs are the ones that get bigger. You can have 2-3 in a 10 gallon but you dont want your stocking level to be too high. I think frogs work best in species only tanks. I know they are lazy but they could still catch a weaker/sick fish and eat it.

The ADF - the Dwarf, not large growing clawed frog, love to have friends to lay on top of and hang out together.

A 10G would be fine for 3 ADF.

The wide more arrow head shaped ones are female and the more evenly shaped body ones are male. Males will make a tiny odd electronics type noise you can hear them on youtube and they will call for the females. So cute.

Making sure they get food, it is important but with such small fish and not really in direct competition like say a Cory might be, you should be fine. Just keep up with water changes.

They are adorable!

I have 3 African clawed frogs in a 20g, which are much bigger and more active from what I've read. Considering I've seen ADFs sold in tiny cubes (like 0.25 gallon maybe?) inhumane imo, but 10 gallons should be fine for 3.

There are conflicting opinions online between filtering vs no filtration for frogs. To be honest the only time I had them spawn/lay eggs was once when the electricity went out. All the eggs we're eaten so no tadpoles though. I later moved the tank and tried removing the filter (with weekly 80-90% water changes) but I think the small vibrations from the nearby computer was enough to keep them from spawning again. I've since gone back to small, low flow aquaclear filters though.FB_IMG_1572389707148.jpgFB_IMG_1572389700458.jpg

Loved the ACF I had as a kid. Had him from quarter size to lg softball size when he choked on the 6" Pleco he sudfenly decided looked like a tasty snack a tasty snack

Loved the ACF I had as a kid. Had him from quarter size to lg softball size when he choked on the 6" Pleco he sudfenly decided looked like a tasty snack a tasty snack
We originally had 2 albinos and one green... The green one was about half size, but looked plenty big not too be eaten. I was wrong there as we came in the next day and it was gone. Amazing what they can eat! Softball size, wow!

Back
Top Bottom