Moss Ball Propagation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw an old thread on the moss balls, but I got a warning that the post was old and that no one would see my new post, so here I am. I have 2 in my cichlid tank, and they are kinda cool. I'd like to try to split them to grow more but I'm not sure I'd be successful. Has anyone does that yet? I also have yet to see my fish pick at them, but they are busy chasing feeders for the most part right now. :brows:

I also would like to know this to, in my community tank I have one and my fish DO pick at mine sometimes.

From what I have read and seeing they will not grow as fast as you would like them to. I have one on driftwood and it looks the same as the day a cut it open.

All you need to do is rip the moss ball in half then form it in a ball. Marino moss is a slow grower as stated. They grow about half an inch a year

Wow. I know the one in my old tank is super dark green from when we got it, but hardly notice any growth, going on a year now, maybe time to split it lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom