Moss tree inspiration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Moss Tree Inspiration

Which one of these do you like the best? :popcorn:
planted.jpg

IMG_9432-1.jpg

aqua2.jpg

deaa6c69e9ba8609791e64081a36506e.jpg

***DISCLAIMER- I do not own any of these images***

I really like #1 because it's pretty. Number 2 is blah, number 3 is honestly too "picture perfect", literally. Number 4 is actually the one that looks most like a tank, instead of a countryside with flying fish. I would go with #4.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

#3 looks really good but idk if that would even be possible to replicate so I would go with 1 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm a fan of 1. It's kinda the best of both worlds with the picture-like feel but yet still a bit fish tank feeling

Keep in mind scapes like these are not long term tanks. They bring the available plants to a competition and set the tank up then add plants. They are taken down within a day or two.

Notice how the moss trees completely block out any light for plants undernsath them. With moss being such a slow growing plant, those plants wouldnt be there at all with the darkness. It would also be nearly impossible to keep the algae growth out of the moss with it being that close to very powerful lights.

That being said, number 3 and 4 imho are the only ones that would work. If you wanted number 3 then it would be better to just take a picture of the countryside. So it it were me, number 4.

However, given the choice; i would skip the tree and do a large moss wall fovering the back of the tank and put some rcs in that would love a moss wall to bits.

I think I'll have to go with #4. It's true what Mebbid said about #1 and #2 blocking the light for the plants below, and I really like the look of #4. I would have to agree with most of the others about #3. It's just too unrealistic to me--doesn't look like a fish tank.

Yeah, I really couldn't figure out how they did that. Makes sense. Kind of like how they cram 100 angelfish into a little tank for the big reveal on "Tanked."

#2 and 4, they look like an actual aquarium haha.

The people who do those landscapes and stuff like #3 are extremely talented, but the setup isn't for me IMO.

4. By far 4. Although 2 has a nice lazy shade tree in a meadow feel to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom