Moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
I see a lot of planted tanks that have wood with this awesome moss growing on it. Just wanted to know the names of some moss that I could grow on my decor. Also, do that have like a seed you can put on the log to grow moss? Almost like a chia pet type stuff?

Attachments

• image-3087566982.jpg
    image-3087566982.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 56
I see a lot of planted tanks that have wood with this awesome moss growing on it. Just wanted to know the names of some moss that I could grow on my decor. Also, do that have like a seed you can put on the log to grow moss? Almost like a chia pet type stuff?

Wow, that does look pretty cool, now I wonder what this is too:)

Java moss is a type that does that. But be careful it grows like weeds. It also gets caught up in filters.

That moss right there is Xmas moss. Really slow grower.

Im not pretty sure but the moss in the pic can be minitaiwan moss or weeping moss. There are a lot types of moss: java moss and xmas moss are popular, peacock, brasil, fissident...etc...

You can search on some forum for how to tie moss on the DW, it is not from a seed, those pics below will show you how the peacock moss will grow on the DW after 2 months

Before
image-2269143293.jpg

After
image-935078112.jpg

Im not pretty sure but the moss in the pic can be minitaiwan moss or weeping moss. There are a lot types of moss: java moss and xmas moss are popular, peacock, brasil, fissident...etc...

You can search on some forum for how to tie moss on the DW, it is not from a seed, those pics below will show you how the peacock moss will grow on the DW after 2 months

Before

After

Yes! That is what I want to try.

Back
Top Bottom