Most Common Question...Please help me ID my Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niki said:
unfortunally it is 20 high. And I believe I have Aqua Clear 50 Filter on this tank(Im at work and can not check until I get home) it has a 3 layer media.

I did not think I could mix Mbuna with Peacocks, or am I just getting my information mixed up?

They are from the same lake but have different aggression levels. Some people mix them but I wouldn't recommend it. Mbuna should be kept in a 1male to 3-4 females ratio. So prolly 12-15, depending on what fish you decide to get.

They are from the same lake but have different aggression levels. Some people mix them but I wouldn't recommend it. Mbuna should be kept in a 1male to 3-4 females ratio. So prolly 12-15, depending on what fish you decide to get.

I guess that is why I was confused because some people mix and others don't. It is really hard to tell if the fish I have are male or female and when I purchase them from the LFS they don't really know either.

12-15 seems like a good number to me. I will be keeping onc Pleco (with the intentions to rehome once he is to large for my tank) and I will be moving my 2 Pictus Catfish into my 55G once up and running (I may also rehome one of the Pictis when they are fully grown as they like to be in groups when young and prefer to be alone when mature)

I have returned the little nightmare and replaced him with a little Yellow Lab, all seems to be going good so far. I will not be adding any more until I get my 55G tank.

Thanks for the advice all :)

Niki said:
I guess that is why I was confused because some people mix and others don't. It is really hard to tell if the fish I have are male or female and when I purchase them from the LFS they don't really know either.

12-15 seems like a good number to me. I will be keeping onc Pleco (with the intentions to rehome once he is to large for my tank) and I will be moving my 2 Pictus Catfish into my 55G once up and running (I may also rehome one of the Pictis when they are fully grown as they like to be in groups when young and prefer to be alone when mature)

Some people mix them, but i have heard from many credible people not to. Imo get a bn pleco, he wont outgrow your 55g.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom