Most Fun Tank Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have lost half my neons and glowlite tetras(probably due to old age) and my 29 gallon is stained from my drift wood, so I decided to put the fish from the 29 into my 55. I was a little worried but so far it is amazing. I don't think you could ask for more excitement than this tank now. Here is a list of the fish(The tank is over filtered).
6 Gold Tetras
6 Black Neons
4 Neons
2 Cardnal Tetras
3 Glowlight Tetras
2 Red Tip Phanton Tetras
4 Black Phanton Tetras
6 Congo Tetras
6 Columbian Tetras
5 Serpae Tetras
4 Tiger Barbs(2 normal 1 Albino 1 Green)
2 Angel Fish(1 black 1 gold)
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Albino Rainbow Shark
1 Royal Pleco
2 Bristlenose Pleco(breading pair)
1 Clown Loach
3 Yoyo Loaches
4 Emerald Cories
4 Pepper Cories
5 Marble Hatchets

On the bottom of the tank the Glowlights and Neons are together in the middle. The Serpae are together towards the right, often joined by the Phanton Tetras.
The Black Neons and Gold Tetras, along with the Red Tip Phantons are swimming in the middle, mid depth. The Congos are to the right and the Columbians to the left. The Tiger barbs are swimming back and forth together and the 2 Angels are drifting back and forth. The Hatchets sit on top, often joined by the Cories. Plecos are quiet for now, along with the Loaches. My Rainbow Shark is all over bugging very one except the other Rainbow and the Bottom Feeders/Plecos. The Albino Rainbow is crusing. I am thrilled there is so much movement and everyone is getting along. I might get a couple more Barbs to join the group and some more neons.

72 fish in a 55g?! I'd hope you'd see some activity! I'd say that is a bit overstocked, whether or not the tank is 'over filtered'. If you aren't having any aggression issues you probably will in the future. There are so many nippers in that list and slow moving fish (angels) that I just see problems waiting to happen.

The loaches and the royal pleco might be a little much for that tank. The angels will take care of some of the tetras (snacks).

3129307969_dcd291490d.jpg

Hey i3k, you stole what i was gonna do. lol.

Can you say, OVERSTOCKED!

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back. I will get some pics today for you guys. No far no problems and if I do have problems in the future I still have that 29 up and going. I just need to get the driftwood and the stained color out. Also we just found out we can buy the house we are in right now so in the next year or so I can get my 220 that I wanted. With a 220, a 55 and a 29 I will have plenty of room. I agree with not having the loaches but I already have them and don't really want to get rid of them...or try and catch them.
I had the Tiger Barbs, Columbian Tetras, Serpae Tetras, a Rainbow shark and the royal pleco all in the 29 and did not have any issues. After 2 Tigers died(leaving 4) I thought they might get nippy but didnt.
I thought if I was going to have any problems it would be the 2 rainbow sharks but they actually sit around together.
So far so good. I will get some pics and let you know if the future if I am having any problems. Maybe I can even put a video on utube of them if the lighting is ok.

Sorry guys no pics tonight. battery is dead on the camera and I dont know where the wife put the charger. I will get it from her tomorrow morning.

this certainly will be an interesting set of pics... full tank for sure. The one thing I would want to avoid is doing anything which may take oxygen out of the tank, because this tank must be right at the borderline of not having enough. And the aggressive species... wow.

okay, this is going to kill me if i dont get pics soon. GO BUY A FIVE DOLLAR DISPOSABLE CAMERA OR SOMETHING!!!!!!! ;) sounds like its going to be great!

i agree id love to see what its looking like i got a 55 gallon too so just jumping on this thread in hopes of finding some knowledge..so far your tank sounds great im sure it looks even greater throw some pics up so all of us can ooh and ahh at your masterpiece. best of luck with all those fish in there hope it works!

I thought I've read that you're not supposed to keep 2 bottom feeder sharks together?

Also concerning the sharks, I think I've seen people say that they have been known to eat tetras?

Is the royal pleco one of the species that get to be a foot and a half long?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom