Moth fly larva infestation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you boil the substrate and scrub under the rim of the tank?

In this one I didn't have a substrate I have 2 kribs in it for breeding but I scrubed under the rim and everything! With scalding hot water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmmmm.

I wonder if you are still having an infestation in your house and the tank was reinfested. Tearing it down and cleaning it would have gotten rid of all larvae so my only thought is that they have come back from the drains.

Hmmmm.

I wonder if you are still having an infestation in your house and the tank was reinfested. Tearing it down and cleaning it would have gotten rid of all larvae so my only thought is that they have come back from the drains.

This is getting old I'm tired of them! They just appear out of nowhere!!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I Googled moth flies. I found a site that says to dump .5 cup of salt, then .5 cup of baking soda, and then 1 cup of vinegar down the drains in that order. It says that you should do that every 2-4 weeks depending on the severity of the infestation. Keep the openings of the tank covered so no more can get in and then let them die off maybe?

I didn't have anything living in my tank besides the pests so I taped the whole thing shut until I was able to drain it and carry it outside to open it. There were hundreds of midges stuck to the duck tape and still more flying inside the tank.

I'm sorry for the sucky luck of getting a flying pest in your tank. I hope it gets better sooner rather than latter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom