Motor Home Aquarium - Any RVers live in and have experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Not now, but in a couple years, I am planning on being on the road for 1+ years. :dance:

I won't be able to have a pond, or 3-5 fish tanks, so when I finally do head out I was wondering what the chances might be of having just one.

Thinking of one Betta originally and building a frame thing to keep it from moving around. Then my daughter got a Fluval Edge 6.6 and it has a cube tank of water, which I am borrowing ATM, and that looked very interesting and got me thinking of a little more.

Then wondering if something like that could work...

Just wondering if any one has done it? And problems and helpful hints...

I want to to get a plan in my mind so I can focus toward that ideal. :fish1:

Interesting idea... I have never seen or heard of someone doing this before. You would obviously need something with a very tight fitting lid so that as you break and accelerate your aquarium doesn't slosh all over the floor. This could present issues with oxygen exchange...

I really don't see this working out personally. The constant weight transfer from the water moving back and forth would stress the seems to much.

Autumnsky said:
Not now, but in a couple years, I am planning on being on the road for 1+ years. :dance:

I won't be able to have a pond, or 3-5 fish tanks, so when I finally do head out I was wondering what the chances might be of having just one.

Thinking of one Betta originally and building a frame thing to keep it from moving around. Then my daughter got a Fluval Edge 6.6 and it has a cube tank of water, which I am borrowing ATM, and that looked very interesting and got me thinking of a little more.

Then wondering if something like that could work...

Just wondering if any one has done it? And problems and helpful hints...

I want to to get a plan in my mind so I can focus toward that ideal. :fish1:
Sounds like a great idea. Highly doubt it could be successfully pulled off,imo.

Thank you for posting the thoughts. I have some time to work on this idea.
Keep the thinking coming, I feel I will at least need the Betta, no fish would be so sad. :(

I think that you would have a lot of problems with all of the decorations and gravel/sand shifting constantly. It is a great idea, just most likely VERY hard to pull it off. Also, the fish might become stressed from all of the movement.

Good luck though!!

I've seen acrylic can be bent into odd shapes, could it be bent into a solid lid-less box? So there are no seems at all? Then a tight fitting and snug lid, which is only closed while on the road. Could that work? It would have to be screwed onto the surface aswell.

Autumnsky- I'm going to send you a personal message. I know a guy that builds custom acrylic tanks. He's in Maryland but has clients all over the US. Hope I can help Out!

If you already sent the PM, I am not sure I got it got a message I had one but never saw the box- still new at AA trying to figure everything out, Smcoyle87.
Can you try it again please?

If you get this figured out you will definitely have to post pics! Interesting concept.

I agree with mumma, now I have seen one in a movie but the rv was parked. In transformers dark of the moon Sam's parents have a tank in their rv when they go visit him, you only see it briefly. That's the only one I've seen

I already have a couple Betta's so I would probably end up with one of them which was already a pet, but I have really started to be interested in shrimp, have been following the.... invert chat, <3 spineless critters, thread, request for its own category. Fascinating.

Goldfish could get too big and poop too much, but I love the Fantails, I have one which will probably go live at my mom's Koi tank, she picks out Koi and then grows them for a while til they are gorgeous pond size babies for a LFS where she lives in California.

Maybe you could design some sort of stability device. Like a gyroscope. Or with a gyroscope. So that it stays level as the vehicle tilts. Just putting it out there

tarpon, love the idea, I'm not an engineer, but I have a neighbor/friend who is....

I had been thinking of something like they build the skyscrapers in Japan on, a sort of spring sliding base, the ones they use so buildings can withstand earthquakes.

Back
Top Bottom