Mouth sore on cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 5 peppered corys and 2 sterbai corys in a 29 gallon tank. Along with a bristlenose pleco. Tank is new it has been running for a week now. I do 40% PWC just about everyday. I noticed one of my smaller corys was swimming slowly as if he was in pain. On his mouth he has a sore. I just noticed it today. Earlier i did a PWC and my ammonia was .25 and Nitrite was about .25. I have a mixture of Ecocomplete, some black sand, and pool filter sand as substrate. I usually feed them flakes, sinking pellets, and freeze dried bloodworms. But ive recently purchased frozen bloodworms and tubiflex. I dont know if that my be the cause of problem or not? My other corys are fine, very active. Is this serious? Pretty sure it is. Any medications out there? hope its not contagious.

Attachments

• DSC00124.jpg
    DSC00124.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 65
Yikes! Although I have no advice for you, good luck and I hope everything turns out ok.

It looks almost like an injury. Can you treat with melafix? One of my peppered cories had a cut on his side that bled similar to this and I used melafix and it got better. I really don't know of any illnesses this could be...

ill try melafix. Hope he'll last till tomorrow. I dont have a smaller tank anymore will it be fine if i treat the whole tank?

What all is in it? Melafix is safe for everything I'm about 97% sure. I treated my whole tank with shrimp and snails as well as plants

ok it should be fine then. All i have in it at the moment is the corys and bristlenose. Ill have the go to my LFS tomorrow and get some.

he didnt make it. Checked first thing this morning and he was dead. but ill be going to my LFS and get some Melafix. Will melafix help heal torn fins? Acouple of them have them. I doubt the corys nip each other but if it is aggression it is more then likely my bristlenose pleco.

Back
Top Bottom