Moved location and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristall-99

Aquarium Advice Regular
so last Thursday it all began. i got the 55 on the stand and started filling it with ro/di water. (started around 1030pm and cut it off at around 10 ish with 4 inches from the top, figuring my rock would bring it closer to the top; which it did) I left Friday to go get my 20gal in Lincoln I transferred everything i could as fast as i could to the 55gal in Omaha 1 hour away. ( so far i lost a stressed plate and a pom pom) Tonight i watch the clown fish for abit and they seem to be breathing faster than normal. but not to an extreme point. So i ran to get the test tubes out of the truck and tested everything.

Ammonia 0-.15
nitrite - Purple, forgot what api goes by. one below 0
Nitrate 0
PH - 8.4
Calcium 440-460
KH 10

Now what im trying to figure out is why my parameters jumped all fo a sudden. I did have a peppermint shrimp that died as well but wouldn't think he would have made that big of an impact.

I have a Reef Octopus NWB-150 skimmer that i got running about sunday/monday after i got the sump filled/return/overflow and ready to go.

Thanks Bryan

What parameters jumped?

How much LR did you move?
Was it under water for the trip or partially exposed?

Could be something from the botom of the rocks that got transferred and now stirred up in the new tank.

There are so many things that can happen when moving a tank you may never know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom