moving a 120 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought a 120 gallon tank from a friend and I am moving it approximately 25 miles. The tank has 10 giant danios 2 neons and a pigmy cat and pleco. I have a 15 gallon to hold the fish overnight after i put up the tank again.
My question is when i set up the tank again can i expect to have to go through a cycling process again. I cannot move much of the water so I am concerned about this.

Hey. I would guess it would depend on ur substrate. If its full of mess that gets stirred up in the move u can probably expect a spike in nitrites. If its not sand just clean the gravel real well and replace ur chem filter and it should be fine IMO

Make sure you remove the tanks filter media & place it in a bucket/large ziploc bag full of tank water to keep the bacteria alive until you can get the tank moved & up & running again. If you can keep the substrate wet, that will help as well. I would just monitor the tank for a wk or so after the move to make sure everything stays stable. Good luck on the move & new tank!

Back
Top Bottom