Moving Fish to Breeding Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anteatergoanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read a lot that people move their Angelfish into a breeding tank when they have paired off. Doesn't this stress the fish being netted then put into a different smaller tank? I am new to the whole breeding thing, so any tips would be good. I have 6 Angels, they are, at the moment, too small to breed. I also have some Rosy Barbs.
So if any of you could give me some tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks

I have read a lot that people move their Angelfish into a breeding tank when they have paired off. Doesn't this stress the fish being netted then put into a different smaller tank? I am new to the whole breeding thing, so any tips would be good. I have 6 Angels, they are, at the moment, too small to breed. I also have some Rosy Barbs.
So if any of you could give me some tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks

If you move the fish carefully and properly, NO, it doesn't hurt or stress the fish.
A long as your fish are too small to breed at the moment, it will give you enough time to read through the thread "Wigglers at last!!!" in this breeding forum. This thread is an ongoing one by both amature and professional Angelfish breeders. Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding Angels is in that thread. It's a long read (now 246 pages? ) so you may want to read it in shifts :blink: There's the best help you can get (y)

Back
Top Bottom