Moving house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom-tom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I there, I'm moving house this Wednesday, and also taking advantage of upgrading my tank, going from a 240 litre 4ft to a 5ft 550litre.

Anyways I have a few questions, obviously the fish will b going into separate bags and into polystyrene boxes, I have about 60kg of live rock so that's fine for the 500litre for now but I will need to add more sand as I have a large carpet anome an he needs 2'' sand bed, should I add live sand or shall I just top up with normal corral sand?

I'm going to fill the big tank with the old water from the small one so it will be about half full, and I'll ad roughly 30litres of water a day until its full

I have just brought a Arcadia series 4 3 halides and it's 5ft long can't wait to use it

Any surgestions on how to minimise stress to the fish and to me lol

Thanks in advance

I would add the rest of the water in one day. You fish wont be happy in bags for over a week. Just premake the water and add it all. Also, if you have a mature sandbed, buy new sand. GL!!!!!

Lol you mistook what I said the fish would go in the same day but I would top the water up slowly, but I'll add it all in at one time, the sand bed is roughly 18 months old, I'll get new sand. Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom