moving is water safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our stuff is going to have to be in storage for two weeks since the new place won't be ready till then so is there anyway I can make it to where I don't have to 're-cycle my tank or is there no way around it?

My betta is going to be in the one gallon tanks since we can't set up the tank at the hotel and no one wants a betta around here. Any suggestions? It needs to be small and enclosed so I can hide him in the hotel room for those two weeks.

You can attemp to store some and your filter pad in a water fulled ziploc bag. I dont know how long it will last in there but remember, bacteria grows in stagnant water. I would shake the bag somewhat 2 times a day or so. No gurantees though

You can attemp to store some and your filter pad in a water fulled ziploc bag. I dont know how long it will last in there but remember, bacteria grows in stagnant water. I would shake the bag somewhat 2 times a day or so. No gurantees though

That doesn't even seem worth it. I would forget or someone would throw it away thinking it's trash. Ugh. Atleast I can keep him somewhere until my tank re-cycles because he doesn't technically need a filter. I know it's not ideal but he might go in either a vase or a huge plastic box.

That doesn't even seem worth it. I would forget or someone would throw it away thinking it's trash. Ugh. Atleast I can keep him somewhere until my tank re-cycles because he doesn't technically need a filter. I know it's not ideal but he might go in either a vase or a huge plastic box.

Yeah. He will survive! They dont need a filter at all but are recommended just for cleanliness

I don't know if I am "human-fying" him too much but he looks alittle lonely. He isn't swimming around as much and everytime I open the door (safe haven for the cat and so nothing else gets thrown in the fish tank) he stops whatever he is doing to race over and watch me with the pleco he didnt really care. Is that possible or am I stroking my own ego

It's likely that he is just bored. Get a mirror of some sort and put it against the tank for him to see for 10 minutes a day or so.

The bacteria will be fine for a couple days as long as it's stored in a wet environment.

Just store the filter pad in the same container as the fish. The bacteria will be fine and you won't accidentally throw it out.

Just store the filter pad in the same container as the fish. The bacteria will be fine and you won't accidentally throw it out.

That's a great idea. Would have never thought of that. And hubs called and the fish tank isn't a big deal so I am going to put him in the three gallon with the filter running and if I have to move him then I will get the critter carrier and do what you said

Back
Top Bottom