Moving, just set up a dirted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANGAR

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for tips on moving a dirted 46g bow front, half black gravel half sand. Thanks. This gonna suck I love my aquascape tanks only been set up like a month

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here is my current plant list. Again I just set up the tank, and my gf gets sick in our new apartment because she is allergic to smoke, and the girl on the first floor smokes like... Yup you guessed it. Chimney. Smoke goes right up through the space for the pipes.

Anyways, just moved in, just set up the dirted
Plant List:
Apongeton ulvaceus
Dwarf sag
Crinum calimustratum
Microsword species
Ludwigia repens

I'm not that concerned with stocking the tank (got a good start don't you think???) but more with moving it, with out breaking down all this dirt... Is it possible? I have a pretty sweet hardscape of rocks holding backing back a lot of substrate, I used Tupperware for the support system.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444010980.391289.jpg

How do I move this?!?!?

Tanks looks pretty good. I would take out the fish and put them in transporting buckets. Then empty the tank of water, trying to save as much water as you can manage. Minimum 25%. Then move that sucker. Try not to disturb the dirt or rocks. If the rocks fall, at least you have pics of the tank so you can reconstruct.

I feel you in the smoking part. Sucks man.

Back
Top Bottom