Moving my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zjovana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10g fish tank. I just got a new stand for it and would like to move my tank, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. My aquarium is new (about 2.5 weeks). If I were to move my tank to this new stand, how would I go about doing it? Would it be ok to take out a majority of the water and put it in buckets and then put it back in the tank after I move it? Also, should I put the fish in some bags? I'm moving the tank only like 10 feet or so.

I would just take a 5-10 gal bucket and then put about 8 gal so like a 75% water change. Use 2 people to move it to the new stand very carefully so as not to thrash the decor and substrate. Once finished just refill it with the 8 gal or so you took out.

Go to your LFS or petsmart and ask if they
can give you some of their transport bags. Just fill the bags with some of the water you took out and it'll be like you just took them home.

Just keep your filter media wet and empty out all the water, move the tank being careful not to twist it, and put it on the new stand. if you have to, take out the substrate. If you dont have much gravel or sand in there, weight shouldnt be a problem. Just use buckets to fill it back up so that you can treat the water with dechlor before putting in the tank. I wouldnt use the old tank water, you'd just be putting dirty water back in it.

moving tank

take out 6 or8 gal in buckets you can leave fish in tank if not too many move it and refill thay will be fine:peace::D

Back
Top Bottom