Moving my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reidgirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I just joined here. I can't believe that I didn't find this forum before. Very interesting discussions. I have a 10-gallon aquarium with very colourful gravel, plants and a sunken ship. I have 1 Male Blue, Turquoise, and Maroon Betta 1 Tiger Barb, 1 Male Golden Swordtail, 1 Female orangey coloured Swordtail and 1 Pleco. Planning to add a few soon

I hope you all could help me with an issue. I am moving to downtown Toronto. What all precautions should I take. I have contacted a moving services based in Toronto. They have assured me that they will take care of everything. But still, If you guys could share some tips that will be helpful.

Here,
Moving Your Fresh Water Aquarium - Aquarium Advice
and there is an article as well in that section for acclimation.

Because your new water provider could have water from a different source. Also you can call the community water provider and ask for a water report. Not sure how they do it in CAnada, but here in USA we can get it sometimes online sometimes mailed, or visit to see it in person.

I can tell you how I moved from NYC to Florida with fish. I got some coolers (not Styrofoam) filled it with tank water put the fish in with a battery operated filter.Take the fish and filters with you. Don't wash anything in your tank. If it's a small enough tank you can get 5 gallon buckets with lids and transport your old tank water in that.
The fish actually survived the trip.

Back
Top Bottom