Moving & need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjwebb86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am moving 6 hours away and need advice on how to transport my 5 Tiger Barbs without harming them. Should I just lower the water in their tank and move them in the tank itself? I also have jars I can put one fish each in with water from their tank.. Then I'd keep most of the water in the tank as well. Also the tank is due for it's weekly water change, should I do this before the move or wait until we get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

5 gal bucket
water in the tank will brake the tank
a battery air pump would help , but should not be needed

From my understanding, a plastic bag with plenty of air (oxygen will decrease faster without it) then box it up, packed with polystyrene.

Water change before and also don't feed for a couple of days before. That way they will have pretty much empties their digestive system and it won't affect the water as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Just use a cooler. Sealed to prevent spillage and insulated to prevent water temp changes.

Thanks I looked at the other post too. Didn't notice it before posting my question, sorry! What about the filter, do I need to keep it under water somehow?

Thanks I looked at the other post too. Didn't notice it before posting my question, sorry! What about the filter, do I need to keep it under water somehow?

You could either put the media in a ziplock bag of water or throw it in the cooler with the fish. But yes, it does need to stay wet.

Back
Top Bottom