Moving soon how would I safely transport my tanks with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RastaSloth333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys and gals I’m moving to Kitchener on Friday I have my two tanks 3.5 gallon and a 10gallon and all my fish are in them?, what would be the best way to move my tanks without stressing my fish out and keeping them alive during transport?, 35 min drive?

Put them in double plastic bags, just like the fish store, and pack the bags in a box so they don't jostle. Cover or close the box and drive carefully. 35 minutes is no problem.

Make sure you save all your filter material and keep it wet/damp with tank water (You can transport this wet material in bags, also) during the transfer. You don't want to clean any of it out, or you will wreck your cycle and have to start over.

I started keeping fish tanks before cycling was generally understood by fishkeepers. I remember as a teenager being frustrated and mystified that a bunch of fish always died right after each time I cleaned my tank...

Make sure you save all your filter material and keep it wet/damp with tank water (You can transport this wet material in bags, also) during the transfer. You don't want to clean any of it out, or you will wreck your cycle and have to start over.

I started keeping fish tanks before cycling was generally understood by fishkeepers. I remember as a teenager being frustrated and mystified that a bunch of fish always died right after each time I cleaned my tank...

Thank you guys for the advice it took it and all is well all my fish are doing great thank you so much [emoji56]❤️

Back
Top Bottom