Moving/transporting fish/tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I'm moving around an hour away from my current location.

So I've got to transport my fish, can anyone recommend the best way? I'm debating getting a cigarette lighter adapter and using one of my heaters in there.

How big is the tank? If it's only an hour I doubt you would need to keep it heated in your vehicle. I've moved my tanks by removed all the deco and leaving just a few inches of water in the bottom for the fish and putting the whole thing in the back seat. Just drive carefully and don't slosh them around if you can help it. And I suggest help moving the tank. Even a couple of inches of water can be very heavy!

98litre tank, reluctant to keep them in the tank as the roads to get there are windy and undulating. I guess if driving really slowly they could be okay though.

What about getting new fish from store, as nearest one is like 45minutes away?

What about getting new fish from store, as nearest one is like 45minutes away?

They should be fine. I've had to leave fish in the bag for two hours before. As long as they don't fill the bag with a bunch of fish, should be fine. You could even see if your lfs would give you several of those bags for the fish you have. It seems like that would be a lot less bumpy and less chance of injury too.

Back
Top Bottom