Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicsak90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to be moving in the near the future (unexpectedly) and I'm trying to plan how I should move my saltwater tank and fish....any suggestions? I have no idea where to start! It's a 36 gallon tank with about 40 pounds of live rock. The move is about a 30 minute drive

Place the fish in a 5 follow bucket. Pull the rock and keep it wet Drain out at least 75% of the water. Move it and reassemble. I did it with a 130 about a year ago. Moved the tank about an hour away. If you have a fair amount of fish use more than one bucket. I actually used an air line cause I had to keep them in the buckets overnight. Good luck, I hope your move goes smoothly!!!

Thanks! I figured there had to be a way everyone has been telling me it's very risky and not a good idea but I don't really have a choice!

I moved my fish nine hours away. I put them in a couple large coolers with battery operated air pumps for oxygenation. All made it but one. Not bad considering there was quite a few. Kept as much water as I could in other coolers as I did not want to keep the water with the fish in it. It was a mess by the time I got there. Oxygenation is the key for any move I got the air pump at Walmart in the fishing section for $15 apiece. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom