moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1972ford

Aquarium Advice Activist
im looking at buying a house next summer so i figure id start gathering what ill need now. i will be buying within an hour drive of my current home. I have figured on moving one tank at a time im not too worried about the 55s and smalled but my 200 is what i see the challenge coming from. should i buy another 200 gallon tank to set up at the new place so i can cut down on the time my fishes are in transport containers(there are around 100 fish). i was thinking about maybe doing daily water changes before moving everything and taking used water and some gravel and decorations to the new tank over time utilize a sponge filter and take a few of the smaller fish over. over tge course of a couple weeks i figured i could have tge new tank filled and have filters running with existing filter media.

the benefits i see to this is ease of moving water from old place to new place and the most obvious ill have a 2nd 200 gallon tank or 150

if anyone has any ideas on supplies or a better way to go about this im all ears. last time i moved this tank it took 18 hours to disassemble load move 30 minutes away and setup again this was without fish. always better to plan ahead plus i get the extra time to find a sweet deal on a large tank

Yeah, that would be some work. I got asked if I could shift a 4ft tank 10ft over and the answer is always no (unless a larger tank replaces it). Get the second tank I reckon :)

Back
Top Bottom