mp40 vs wp40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been researching wave makers and through conversation with my lfs I've ordered a jeabo wp40
There are many reviews on YouTube and they seam to be comparable the vortech mp40 costing $500 and the wp40 costing $75
Anyone have a review or opinion ?

The vortech edition is controllable, and made of better quality. The wp40 is made of cheaper stuff, can't be controlled out of the box, but the flow can be directed.

With that said, I've monitored the longevity of the WP40 and though it hasn't been out on the market too long, it had held up decently compared to its price point. There still have been numerous cases of the pump quiting after a few months, but you get what you pay for.

From what I understand, there will be an "upgraded version" with a bit better build quality for an extra $5.

The WP40 doesn't even have much in common with vortechs if I remember correctly. I forget which, I want to say modeled after tunze powerheads.
When you compare those, I would spend the extra money on the tunze ones as they are higher quality. I have been reading too many reports of the WP40's seizing up. Though, this is just my opinion as I am the proud owner of an MP40 and love Ecotech products. All I can do is wish you good luck, as I only wish the WP40's were as reliable as the other knockoff products we enjoy, like the taotronic LEDs. Too many cheap moving parts is an inevitable fail in my opinion. All I can do is wish you luck with them, hopefully adding to an experience to change my current position.

I'll look into seeing if there is any kind of warranty it has .
For the $75 compared to $500 I'm not that worried about it

I have the new wp10 and a friend has the wp40, both are great for us, we'll see how the longevity is. For the price definitely worth a shot, all the wp's are controllable right out of the box with the included controller. They're essentially a tunze with ecotech functions haha

I have a wp40 and wp25 in my 125. Both are perfect for the price.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the wp-40s. I got both of mine when they first came out and they are both running strong for close to a year now .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom