Mr. Sticky's Underwater glue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to try some Mr. Sticky's underwater glue for glueing frags, and was wondering af anyone has had any experience with this glue or is concerned about the toxicity of it, etc.

Their website has claims listed regarding its lack of toxicity, etc, but who knows. What do you guys think?

http://www.underwaterglue.com/

TIA, Erik

I don't know, I just use duro brand super glue gel from walmart, cheap cheap cheap and works well ;)

For epoxy...I use Z-spar marine, I couldn't find an ingredients list.

That is good to know, duro gel. I used a little tube of cyanoacrylate type gel until it ran out, but it was not duro. Duly noted.

Well I ordered some of this Mr. Sticky's today with the rest of my stuff from Drsfoster, so I'll be the guinea pig on it and I will also contact the mr sticky's glue guys and ask for a clear explanation of the test data (apparently done with fathead minnows) and also ask permission to contact the lab and ask about saltwater reactions and all that stuff. This could be maybe a good thing, or not.

Off I go... I will post back and let you all know what I find out about it. I will give it a test run if the lab says it's safe for saltwater. I will try to not glue myself to my tank. My obnoxious blenny will probably eat a mouthful of the glue while he attacks my hand.

You can use cyanoacrylate gel it either underwater or out of water, I have done both and it works for either.

Just a note in case you guys did not see my newest 2nd post about mr. stickys.... it is useless for glueing rocks or frags. I think it is designed for just plastic type stuff for it's best performance (if at all)

Back
Top Bottom