mts snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this brown snail a type of mts snail?

img_2509623_0_621fddbadb70fb7c6fe4c2a962241a0e.jpg

Im a little fuzzy on how mts snails reproduce because some places say they only need 1 snail and others say they need 2 snails to reproduce. So would these 2 types of mts snails interbreed or will they only breed with their own type of mts snail? Ive only seen 3 of those brown ones but I also have some other types of snails that I would guess are mts snails as well.

Thanks in advance to all that can help. I basically want to know what will happen if I throw in a bunch of different looking mts snails together in one tank. If any of their coloring will be bred out or notin offspring. Or if they can all coexist without dulling any colors.

Ill post more pics of the different snails that I believe are mts snails in my tank. That way I know for sure if they are maylasian trumpet snails or not.

Not sure if they are different or if you have an oddball individual. MTS come out at night. If you make the room dark for an hour or so then turn the lights on you should be able to get a much better look at what lives in the gravel during the day.

Just and FYI, leave your old snail shells in the tank as they provide calcium for the new snails.

Back
Top Bottom