Mudskipper pee? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a 50% water change today because it had been a while and my nitrates were at 30 ppm. My fig 8 puffer looked like he had lost some color so i figured id do a water change and i want to lower my SG from 1.007 to 1.005. After i did the water change i noticed it was 1.006 so im slowly getting there. Ill check it again in an hour. the water i used was aged for a week, prime was added when the buckets were filled and the salt(instant ocean) was added a few days ago and was completely dissolved.

I looked at the mudskipper after i did the water change and i noticed a yellow(about as yellow as this smiley :ermm: ) liquid coming from where i would guess he would pee from. there wasnt that much maybe a square centimeters worth. there was sand that was floating around the surface of the tank after the water change and i noticed that as the "pee" started to get spread out that the sand particles shot away from it. the only way to describe it would be that it looked exactly like if you put oil in water then added a drop of dish detergent. if anyone had ever done that in a middle or highschool experiment. im afraid that the water change hurt the mudskipper or is this just his way of flushing his system and getting used to the new water or is it just pee?

edit:
i have been using the buckets for about 4-5 months. the tank has been cycled for about 3-4 months.

anyone have any ideas? he seems to be doing fine but i am going to continue to watch him.

Back
Top Bottom