Multiple tang purchase..is it OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have read multiple articles etc. on this and the general idea I get is if I purchase multiple tangs at the same time then there is much less chance of a problem between them. I am thinking of adding these together (same size) Does anyone think I will regret trying it?
4- Yellow
2- Blue
1- purple
1- Sailfin

You should be okay. I would consider waiting and adding all of the tangs together last. With a well cycled tank and plenty of biological filtration you should be fine.

You could technically get away with that combination in a tank the size of yours.

Map out everything you want to add to the tank first, and purchase all at once so there aren't any territory disputes later.

I'd probably suggest keeping at least 3 as pairs of tangs in my experience has never faired well (one always got their @$$ kicked and died). Schools are considered 3 or more -- some are picky and at least four must be kept. Our 150g has 3 yellow tangs so you might consider 3 yellow, 3 blue.....

Yes Hara. You going to send me some free fish and corals? I have a lot to fill. Just trying to plan out my stocking so I will not purchase myself into a situation were I can not get the fish etc. that I want.

Are you going to put them all in QT together? The only reason I ask is because chances are one of those guys are going to have a parasite. I would think as long as it is an even playing ground when adding the fish at one time, aggresion won't be an issue. Esepecially with the size of your tank.

I was not going to QT. The tank is new with only a clown. Thought They would have better chance going straight to the tank since I really have nothing to harm in the tank. Thoughts or stocking suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom