Multiple tanks for sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm considering using two tanks for my new sump. One would be used for a refugium (55gal) and other "stuff" and the second (14gal) for live rock. This for a 90Gal FOWLR tank. These two sumps will be in the basement so I'm not restricted by space. Does anyone see a problem in this design? Also, does it matter if the LR is before or after the fuge? Thanks for your imput

Welcome to AA! :) :)

Are these tanks you already have? The 14 and 55, that is. I'm not convinced you can't do better with just the 55 sectioned off. Its not like you're gonna get much lr in the 14 to make it worthwhile I'm thinking. If you did do it like that, I'd think the rock first for the return from the main where its more crashing return stuff going on. Then, easily flow into the quiet, slow area at the fuge.

I would do the LR tank 1st then make the water transfer to the fuge that way none of the beneficial stuff has any problem getting to your tank, but other than that i would think that would be ay excellent idea more water volume the better you are o man i wish i had the space to get a bigger sump and Fugeee

Back
Top Bottom