Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a permanant solution, you'll need to look at magnets or wire. Silicone will hold for awhile, but eventually it will give way as well. I've never tried the superglue, if it would adhere to the glass, you may be good - use the gel rather than the regular.

Sometimes you can find wire hangers that are coated in plastic. You could cut pieces of those and fashion hooks to go over the tank.

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks guys for the suggestions :)

I have these and zip ties on hand. Maybe I could make something out of them....

What about running fishing line though the tank with moss attached to it? Then tying the ends of the fishing lines to the hooks? I dont know haha that's the first thing that came to mind:)

Austin.b said:
What about running fishing line though the tank with moss attached to it? Then tying the ends of the fishing lines to the hooks? I dont know haha that's the first thing that came to mind:)

Ah! Fishing line! Why did I not think of that lol. That would look much nicer than zip ties.

Well a did the magnet test and they stuck :/ I used them anyway. The zip ties was a bust and I don't have any fishing line so I used string. It's going to get all nasty and break eventually but it's working for now.

image-2033970902.jpg

Last edited:
The hooks u fashioned look pretty good. They actually look like you would buy them in a store. And that betta is spookier cute!!!

Tcal01 said:
The hooks u fashioned look pretty good. They actually look like you would buy them in a store. And that betta is spookier cute!!!

I did buy them! :)
I got to think of a name for him now. It usually takes me weeks to name them when I get a new one. Drives me crazy!

jwh0818 said:
So my question is, how do you keep the plants above water??

I'm not sure I understand the question... The plants are in plastic baskets with just their roots in the water. They are plants that will tolerate or even flourish with 'damp feet'.

Last edited:
Try some stuff called amazing goop. It will hold anything. Examples: model rocket parts, clay incense burners, driver side mirror that was nearly knocked off when you hit the side of the garage door while backing out of the garage...

If that last seems strangely specific it's probably because I know from experience...

Mumma.of.two said:
I did buy them! :)
I got to think of a name for him now. It usually takes me weeks to name them when I get a new one. Drives me crazy!

No not just the metal part. The whole apparatus u made looks like it was machine made. It would look even better if u used wire instead of string

Bearchumjs said:
Try some stuff called amazing goop. It will hold anything. Examples: model rocket parts, clay incense burners, driver side mirror that was nearly knocked off when you hit the side of the garage door while backing out of the garage...

If that last seems strangely specific it's probably because I know from experience...

Thanks! Never heard of it though. :) I'm going to use the hooks for now. They seem to be doing the job.

Back
Top Bottom