Mumma's TV tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Attempting to reglue the veneer.

Hopefully it holds good :) it's annoying gluing things like that and piling stuff on top to get a good bond lol. You must be a big Stephen King fan :p

George9 said:
Hopefully it holds good :) it's annoying gluing things like that and piling stuff on top to get a good bond lol. You must be a big Stephen King fan :p

I hope so! My kids keep knocking the books off. Grr! Lol. Hubbies a big fan but I've read my far share. :)

I hope so! My kids keep knocking the books off. Grr! Lol. Hubbies a big fan but I've read my far share. :)

Tell the kids that if they will knock it again, they have to stay and hold the veneer down manually and they have to stand really still. I bet they won't go near that thing again. ;-) just kidding.

Or you could just sit on it yourself, and read the books! :p

What part of the tv is the veneer?

Hahaha! Might work if they weren't 3 and 16 months lol. They NEVER sit still. :/

The outside sides and top are veneer. If I can't fix it I'm going to try and convince hubby to build new sides and top and stain it to look like veneer.

George9 said:
Or you could just sit on it yourself, and read the books! :p

What part of the tv is the veneer?

But if she sat on it, she might end up glued to the tv!

Lol, yea... They won't be keeping still.
My daughter is 15 months. At that age they wanna "help" do everything.

Hahaha! Might work if they weren't 3 and 16 months lol. They NEVER sit still. :/

The outside sides and top are veneer. If I can't fix it I'm going to try and convince hubby to build new sides and top and stain it to look like veneer.

LOL. Yeah tell me about it. I have a 6 yo and he still does not sit still. LOL.

image-3966915330.jpg

Just finished taking the rest of the plastic mounts out.

image-3000305942.jpg

Going to cut diagonally through these joins to make the lid on top.

image-2938466059.jpg

image-730515827.jpg

The bottom is going to need reinforcing along every join. It's only held together with glue and staples.

Hi mumma of two must still have an hangover:whistle:
Going to be tough work making sure all them joints and supports are good and solid!? Also you going to give the inside of the cabinet a coat of water proofer? clear varnish? Thanks for the updates:)

man,that tank is gonna be awesome. have fun reenforcing lol

Sorry guys. Busy Easter. :)
I've mostly reinforced the bottom. I've attached a back though kinda ugly and started building the false bottom. Hubby lost interest :/ so it's been all me. Lol. I'll get some pictures later. It's still pretty early in the morning here. :)
I've got some exterior paint. I went with white. It's (apparently) safe for areas of rainwater run off used for human consumption. The tanks going to be topless so I didn't want to have evaporation dripping from the paint into the tank poisoning the fish.

Back
Top Bottom