Mushroom tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here I am again - picked up a few green shrooms over the weekend along with the xenia and star polyps.

I have them in a relatively low-current area, and have put the little rocks they were attached to on a larger piece of LR, hopefully they'll move to or attach to that one, as now they tend to just kind of blow away in the water in the main.

I found a small piece of LR that had some cracks in it, into which I was able to wedge the rocks to which the shrooms are attached to.

Any suggestions for mounting these guys to a larger bit of rock, or will they move there on their own?

DSC00674.JPG

After reading that I separated the mushrooms from the snail shell and rocks they were attached to, and set them in a relatively clam area in my fuge - they've started to open up now, one green one is almost completely flattened out, and is bigger than I thought...

Do mushrooms spread on their own? I assume they do, but I see so many articles about making cuttings, that maybe they don't spread very fast...

some mushrooms spread quite rapidly, others not so....it depends on alot of factors. I know that is a vague answer, but that is the best I can give..sorry.

Good enough.

I turned off the lights in the fuge this morning, the one larger green mushroom sort of closed up - like a rose... is that normal?

Also all my green star polyps retracted when the lights went out - that was fascinating ;)

I'm new to soft corals, so I feel like a beginner again.

Back
Top Bottom