My 120g planted community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAwrangler08

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all. Here is my 120 gallon semi planted community tank. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I always like some constructive criticism.

image-2865003461.jpg

Currently stocked with:
Banded leporinus
2 parrot cichlids
6 tiger barbs
5 tetras
6 cardinal tetras
2 kissing gouramis
2 gold gouramis
2 blue gouramis
1 Molly
4 assorted platys
2 bumblebee cats
Polka dot cat?
And a striped Raphael cat

Maybe someone could verify that this guy is a polka dot catfish

image-3175390082.jpg

Keep in mind that the tiger barbs nip at the less aggressive fish like mollies and plates.

You may not have a problem but keep an eye on it.

Keep in mind that the tiger barbs nip at the less aggressive fish like mollies and plates. You may not have a problem but keep an eye on it.

Will do. I did notice it a little with the barbs and cardinal tetras when I first added them but the cardinals schooled up and now they keep their distance. But thank you for the heads up!!!

Will do. I did notice it a little with the barbs and cardinal tetras when I first added them but the cardinals schooled up and now they keep their distance. But thank you for the heads up!!!

You're welcome. I am told that the more tiger barbs you have, the less aggression toward other fish you will have.

Wow I'm surprised the parrots don't mess with anything..love the tank!

Nope they are pretty good. Little territorial though, but seems that everyone has learned just to stay away from their pot/den they made. No damage on anyone or anything like that.

Amazing the way things work sometimes right? I have an African tank with about 16 fish many which are 5-6" and somehow I have a pair of blue gouramis mixed in and a south american fire mouth..I also threw a Australian rainbow about 3" in there one time..they never even touched him..

Amazing the way things work sometimes right? I have an African tank with about 16 fish many which are 5-6" and somehow I have a pair of blue gouramis mixed in and a south american fire mouth..I also threw a Australian rainbow about 3" in there one time..they never even touched him..

Yea it is. Maybe it's cuz I'm moving a lot of water and have plenty of cover for the fish.

I was at Petco last night and saw a blue lobster. Any suggestions with one of these guys? Think it would really add some color to my tank, and they look so cool. Or would it be a bad idea since I have catfish?

I have had the blue ones in with corys before with no problem..by the time the lobster even brushes the catfish they're gone! Be careful they are climbers! June climbed out of my tank via airline! I almost stepped in it one morning going to work! (It was long dead by then though)

I have had the blue ones in with corys before with no problem..by the time the lobster even brushes the catfish they're gone! Be careful they are climbers! June climbed out of my tank via airline! I almost stepped in it one morning going to work! (It was long dead by then though)

What parameters did you have your water at? I've seen some conflicting reports. Some saw 75 degrees others say 82 degrees. Some say up 7.5pH others say 8.0pH.

What parameters did you have your water at? I've seen some conflicting reports. Some saw 75 degrees others say 82 degrees. Some say up 7.5pH others say 8.0pH.

Well i keep all my tanks at 78/9, i also try and maintain my water between 7.4 ad 7.8 ph. myne did fine for a long time..that is until he got out into the real world! lol.

Here are some of my fish What is first looked like a few months ago.image-2998987283.jpg What it looks like now. image-3454171926.jpg Chinese algae eaterimage-39993540.jpg image-3739270883.jpg One Parrot Cichlid image-1371766251.jpg 2 Parrot Cichlids and cardinal and neon tetras in backimage-658416217.jpg Cardinal and neon Tetras image-1896757030.jpg Banded leporinus or as we call him "Circle fish" since he swims in circles a lot lol image-1615389092.jpg Banded leporinus when I first got him image-4115985057.jpg Rainbow shark when I first got him image-3795509655.jpg

looks great! what a difference..nice looking fish also

Thank you!!!! Still feel like there is something missing though. I would like driftwood and maybe some more plants. But before I do plants I think I want to get my nitrates down a little. Still around 40.

Back
Top Bottom