My 125 reef in progress tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I did a 30 gal water change yesterday, and today I took my water in for testing. Al was good to start adding new members....woohooo! After talking to my lfs, we decided not to wait on another mandarin. Our lfs convinced us that geting another wild one would be fine and that our other mandarin probably never recovered from the stress of the move and then the wrasse. I don't believe he was just trying to sell me another one, first, I didn't buy the first one from him, and second, he didn't have any for me to buy anyway. We went to another local place and got one. So we will see how it turns out.
Ill post a pic as soon as I can.
I also purchased 2 False Percs (Marvin and Nemo), Christmas Tree Worms, a really cool sand sifting star(can't remember the name) and a new light for my 60 gal.

Here are a couple I do have so far..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110527_170956.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_170956.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 263
  • ForumRunner_20110527_171012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_171012.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 281
  • ForumRunner_20110527_171037.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_171037.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 269
  • ForumRunner_20110527_171057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_171057.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 260
Here is a couple more...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110527_181733.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_181733.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 252
  • ForumRunner_20110527_181752.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110527_181752.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 264
Looks great! keep the pictures coming! lol I can't wait til I can post pictures of live stock...hehe

I got the star at my lfs. They get their shipments on Tuesdays and Fridays, so those are my key days to be there..lol. the star was actually a special order for the manager but he agreed to part with it.
Carey, the madarin is doin awesome so far. Swimmin around and pickin at the rocks. He is tiny, but gorgeous.

I saw like 5 today and was soooo tempted. LOL I'm def gonna get an ora one once the 125g is up and running. I'll make him my last addition. ;-)

I am in the market for a blue or red starfish and I distinctly remembered the big blue royal. lol It will be too big for my tank so I kinda passed on it...Beautiful though ain't it?

Yes it is I just bought a large blue linkia from my local petco ya I know it sucks buts that's all I have it was only ten bucks

Looks really nice, should be pretty once it's set up the way you want. I would scratch the regal blue tang, they really need 180 gallon minimum. You can still keep plenty of tangs in a 125 though, like yellows, purples, Scopas, Kole eyes, Convicts, Mimics, Bristletooths, Gold Rims, Vlamingi, the list goes on and on. lol

Ok tang police come get me I don't own one but I know a lot of people that do and none of them have tanks over 75 can we ever just all agree every fish is better off in the ocean but we mean people put them in little tanks and stare at them a tang is not going to die because it's in a 5 foot tank opposed to a 6 foot tank I've seen blue Tangs in nano reef many times no it's not ideal

No, it will not die immediately, but you will shorten it's life. I have friends that put yellow tangs in 75 gallon tanks and watched them run into the glass and stress to death. There are tangs appropriate for a 75, such as kole eyes, so I am not saying it is impossible. BTW, 75 gallon tanks are 4 foot, not 5.

Melosu, please come and post a new picture of the tang police! I like the tang air force you posted awhile back. lol

My point is everyone who starts a saltwater tank wants a blue tang if there is one at your lfs and you want it there is a very good chance it will be better off in your 125 then it will in the tank of the next people who see it and buy it for there Childs nemo tank that's 10 gallons if a tang is in an lfs tank it's already in trouble

Back
Top Bottom