My 15g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcannelis

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my tank I have 4 mystery snails 3 guppies 1 m 2f 5 neon Tera an albino Cory catfish and a platy. I was having triuble with my tank for a while and all my fish kept dying after a couple days. Now I have these guys none died in 3 weeks water is clear. I have a lot of chemicals. I want to add more fish. What should I add. I like tetras Those lasted longest in my 10 g but all died in switch because I spilled a lot of ph up soo they died. What tetra should I get. Should I put in any plants if so what type

Hi!

There are some details which will help us understand your tank better.

Do you have a master test kit for testing Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates, pH?

Have you read about cycling your tank with fish in it?

Do you know not to change your filter pad, but just use tank water or conditioned water to rinse it out, as that is where the BB/beneficial bacteria are and that is what helps keep your water safe for the fish?

Why did you need to change your pH? What is your normal tap water pH? Are you on city or well water?

What are your water parameters, if you know them?

It would be great to make sure your tank is stable and clean from unnecessary chemicals.

How often do you do pwc/partial water changes? and how long ago was your pH chemical mishap?

:welcome: to aa.

Back
Top Bottom