My 17g Planted Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've all been there... I even thought I was "upgrading" when i went from plastic to silk fake plants. Going with real plants is the best thing I've done with my aquarium so far. Go for it, it's so rewarding!

I LOVE tree/plants etc... so really it's a no brainer for me but since I'm newer to keeping fish I was just taking the 1 step at a time approach. I will get there!

I LOVE tree/plants etc... so really it's a no brainer for me but since I'm newer to keeping fish I was just taking the 1 step at a time approach. I will get there!

Start a thread in the planted tanks section. There's a ton of knowledgeable folks on here that can help guide you. But you can easily start a planted tank with what we like to call "low light" easy plants. Plants like java fern, moss, anubias, crypts, and Amazon swords. Pick a tank, decide on a budget, and we can help :)

Ha! Another Pinoy in the house!

For real, fresh? Didn't know you are Pinoy too. Good stuff, pare!

Edit: Just looked at your profile. You're a computer programmer? I'm doing web development and learning code is such a headache! More power to you!

Only been to the PI once a longggg time ago. Mom and sis are visiting there now. Mom is the one who got me into the this passionate hobby.

For real, fresh? Didn't know you are Pinoy too. Good stuff, pare!

Edit: Just looked at your profile. You're a computer programmer? I'm doing web development and learning code is such a headache! More power to you!

Eh, healthcare and 30+ old systems, non heterogenous platforms, multiple languages, long hours, calls in the middle of the night, outsourcing. Not glamorous at all. Pays the bills. Web dev sounds interesting. Definitely need an eye for that. I am more comfortable backend, db, and web services.

Only been to the PI once a longggg time ago. Mom and sis are visiting there now. Mom is the one who got me into the this passionate hobby.

I went to the PI in 2010 with my Mom and GF. We went to Boracay and went SCUBA there too... awesome place! Can't wait to go back.

I hope you enter some contest or something with a tank that nice! Does it take a lot of upkeep to have it that gorgeous?? Very nice!

I hope you enter some contest or something with a tank that nice! Does it take a lot of upkeep to have it that gorgeous?? Very nice!

Thank you very much. The hard part is the initial setup, which is actually really fun (almost an addictive aspect because you'll most likely want to do it again). But after that, I just do daily dosing of ferts, weekly partial water changes with a little glass wipe down with an algae scrubber sponge, and trim here and there after a month. I service the filter monthly too. Just a quick squeezing out the sponges. Nothing major.

Keeping the lights and CO2 on timers help with the "set it and forget it" automation.

Super nice tank. Hope to get on that level...one day.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. You can with a little patience, research, and trial with due diligence. We've all started out from the basics. (y)

That tank is gorgeous! I am new to the hobby and just started with plants in the tiny Nano tanks...Fluvals. I'm still cycling a couple. I don't know if I will ever reach your level of expertise but may aspire to it one day. Right now I am just trying to keep anubias, crypts, Java moss and fern and a few other plants alive. They are doing, eh. Impressed and envious of your skill. Thank you so much for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom