My 2 beta's and my 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millerb7

Aquarium Advice Activist
2011-10-20%20at%2010:15.png

Of course it's still cycling, so no fish. And my GF refused to let me get a tank unless I added some pink rocks... so we went 50/50 pink/black.

2011-10-20%20at%2010:14.png

Blue

2011-10-20%20at%2010:03.png

Buckeye

your bettas have stunning colours and the red is peak health - well done. whats in the 29? x

I'm not really sure why my other beta seems to be really dark near the head in that photo, he's not at all actually. His entire body is all that blue/green color.

Let me tell you what's in my 29 gallon....

A BUNCH OF "SUPPOSED" BACTERIA!!!

Hah... I'm in the middle of a very stubborn fish less cycle. I'm on day 26 of it.

It will be my cichlid tank though once it's cycled.

I'm not really sure why my other beta seems to be really dark near the head in that photo, he's not at all actually. His entire body is all that blue/green color.

Let me tell you what's in my 29 gallon....

A BUNCH OF "SUPPOSED" BACTERIA!!!

Hah... I'm in the middle of a very stubborn fish less cycle. I'm on day 26 of it.

It will be my cichlid tank though once it's cycled.
I agree that your bettas look awesome!
I am just going to add in here that most blue colors on animals are a result of light scattering and reflection rather than actual pigmentation. Birds are like that too, so are reptiles. Thats why blues do not always show up well in photography. :)

ow. thought of adding a cycling promoter?
and what cichlids? they are the best fish ever imo!
I have just put in some Seachem Replenish.... it arrived today. Some yellow labs, prob. maingano as well.
I agree that your bettas look awesome!
I am just going to add in here that most blue colors on animals are a result of light scattering and reflection rather than actual pigmentation. Birds are like that too, so are reptiles. Thats why blues do not always show up well in photography. :)

That's good to know!

I'm glad you think my two little guys look good. They are my pride and joy until this 29 gallon is setup and has fish hah!

Hahaha I actually like the "twoface" look you have going on with the substrate!!!!

Hahaha I actually like the "twoface" look you have going on with the substrate!!!!

haha thanks. It was my GF's idea.

My 55 I'm going to do a planted tank with sand most likely... but I leave the 29 gallon for her to decorate as she sees fit.

Back
Top Bottom