My 25 Gal Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of clowns do u have. Mine are like babies real gentle.

A pair of 3+ inch osc clowns. The male is laid back but the female is extremely aggressive. I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm going to see how my clowns respond to my new African midis blenny. If they are ok with him ill remove the gramma. The midis can hold its own rather well and is about 4 inches.

I have the same two clowns as u and maybe its just because they are still small they aren't aggressive. Of any fish is the most aggressivebin my tank it would be the bi color blenny. Although not mean he will defend his territory

Iv decided to remove the clowns and put them in their own tank. I'm sure my tank will be a lot happier with 4 fish instead of 6

CleverBs said:
heres a pic of the frag

Now I ordered my new ATI bulbs last week and today I picked them up. I am amazed and got exactly what i wanted in color for my tank. I honestly couldn't be happier. Ill post before and after pictures :)

Before: Washed out in yellow and none of the colors pooped.

After: Amazing color in all ways.
Bulbs In Order Front to Back: ATI Purple+, Blue+, Coral+,Blue+

That is absolutely amazing I love the color in that tank I would love that color set up in my 65g swr tank but I've got a 250w mh with 4 t5ho light system in it could I get the same effect with the mh in there also?

That is absolutely amazing I love the color in that tank I would love that color set up in my 65g swr tank but I've got a 250w mh with 4 t5ho light system in it could I get the same effect with the mh in there also?

Im not sure I would think the MH would wash the color a bit with white and yellow wouldn't it?

CleverBs said:
Im not sure I would think the MH would wash the color a bit with white and yellow wouldn't it?

I'm not sure I'm a noob pretty much I've only been at it a lil over a year, is there lights made for a stock Bio cube light fixture that give that effect I have 2 50/50's in my Bio

no idea, Iv never owned a bio cube. I think that only T5's and color adjusting leds would give you this color but im not sure.

Thanks, I'm having algae issues so I think my tank looks terrible but I'm working on getting the algae under control and trying to figure out what's wrong with my tank that there is so much green hair algae.

CleverBs said:
Thanks, I'm having algae issues so I think my tank looks terrible but I'm working on getting the algae under control and trying to figure out what's wrong with my tank that there is so much green hair algae.

I had a major green hair problem in my Bio cube 6 months ago and talked to my lfs and she said try this and loaned me a sea hare within 3 weeks it had it completely manageable I took it back to her and haven't had a outbreak since granted I did pick at the leftover hair algea for a week or so after the return of the sea hare it's now gone

I'll look into a sea hare. People have been telling me to get one and it will take care of the issue. I just think a slug is nasty lol

I just don't know if the algae will die off if the problem that was creating it is fixed. Or if the algae that's grown will just stay on my rock. I have gotten the algae to stop growing but it's not thinning out or anything.

CleverBs said:
I just don't know if the algae will die off if the problem that was creating it is fixed. Or if the algae that's grown will just stay on my rock. I have gotten the algae to stop growing but it's not thinning out or anything.

I never figured out what actually caused my outbreak nor did my water parameters ever change the sea hare was a miracle worker in my case and yeah I thought it was pretty ugly but it grew on me even my wife ended up liking it

My New Midis Blenny!!!! The guy at my LFS got it in for me and held it for me because he knew I had been looking for it months. I removed my clowns because they attacked everyone all the time and my tank is sooo much happier now! My Wrasse and Gramma can swim freely without beings attacked every 10 seconds.

He is from the Red Sea in Africa, Hes Very yellow with a pink chest.

img_1816560_0_9eca1a5b44b463cd1b15b8693b3f1e63.jpg

img_1816560_1_1b972131ec374c7a3ddfb12188c46c4e.jpg

img_1816560_2_545aa08550022436c5404488f6446135.jpg

CleverBs said:
My New Midis Blenny!!!! The guy at my LFS got it in for me and held it for me because he knew I had been looking for it months. I removed my clowns because they attacked everyone all the time and my tank is sooo much happier now! My Wrasse and Gramma can swim freely without beings attacked every 10 seconds.

He is from the Red Sea in Africa, Hes Very yellow with a pink chest.

LOVE HIM!!!! I want one sooo badly!!!

So cute! I just got a midas today too, from africa. :) he already found his hidey hole and seems to be doing well.

So cute! I just got a midas today too, from africa. :) he already found his hidey hole and seems to be doing well.

He found his hole in like 3mins. He's amazing I love the way he brings my tank to life. Oh he's about 4" long as well.

Yep, mine is about 4" as well. Must have been a big shipment of blennies from africa. LOL I havent seen a midas ever at my LFS and he had 2 today.

Back
Top Bottom