My 29 Gallon Fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandt724

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought my new Current LED light bar for my tank, and all I can say is WOW if you arent on LED or atleast T5 light fixture, you really are punishing your tank. My tank is about 4 months old, this is my first tank since I was 12 and im really enjoying it. Plan on going bigger when im in a more permanent home.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389834001822.jpg
    1389834001822.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 1389834019169.jpg
    1389834019169.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 177
I just bought my new Current LED light bar for my tank, and all I can say is WOW if you arent on LED or atleast T5 light fixture, you really are punishing your tank. My tank is about 4 months old, this is my first tank since I was 12 and im really enjoying it. Plan on going bigger when im in a more permanent home.

What size tank is that and led setup is that. I like the daylight and blue for night.

What size tank is that and led setup is that. I like the daylight and blue for night.

Its a Satellite Freshwater LED made by Current
Its has sunrise/sunset, cloudy day setting (it actually looks like clouds move across the tank) thunder storm modes (lightnight flashes) a sunlight mode, it has about 20 presets. And then it has red, blue, green that you can adjust to make what ever color mixed with how bright you want them. It also has 4 buttons for custom presets you can make and change at anytime.

And this is a 29 gallon tank, it has a 24" led bar that I actually have turned down to about %60 on daytime mode because with the white sand it is like being out in the snow on a crystal clear sunny day lol

The bamboo has been in there since day 1, and the single one on the right has actually gained a lot of its color back. And that with out a plant light this entire time. Not saying your wrong because I have read that. But mine havnt seemed to suffer. Not sure if its the sand that may be helping or what.

Trust me man, they will die

If you have a petsmart near you, their bamboo is pretty tall, I had one in my 29 gallon, just made a hole in the lid so that it could fit out if the water

I plan on buying more river bed rocks and building a pretty good size center piece, I may put a makeshift "sandbox" at the top some how and transplant them

Looks nice. I have that light on my 36 gal. Gonna get the 48 inch for my 90 I think to replace marineland double bright. I hope it's enough light but also have a 50/50 marine fusion blue white led I can use together. Here's mine w the current led+ like yours. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390012940.974689.jpg

Erikmoseley, lmk about this light in a 48" on the 90 because I have a 90 gal im waiting on the room to get it set up and was planninh on buying a bigger one of these lights. Im sure it will be more than bright enough.

Since I have installed this light, my bamboo in the back left corner has grown a little over an inch and the little one I noticed has started growing 2 new leaves. I have adjusted the settings on it since these pictures and im loving it. Just ready to get the 90 set up :)

I actually went with a much pricier one. And I wish I hadn't. I wanted more of a blue and went for a reef led. It's bright white w a blue purple hue

Back
Top Bottom