My 36 gallon. New pictures added 9-23-07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rich, have you tried growing any red plants? It looks really good now, but I think if you had something with some red or purple leaf forms, it would set it off like the 4th of July in there!

wow. your second pic is absolutely stunning.
but i'm going to crib a little about the sword-like plant in the foreground. the two focal points - rock on the right, and wood on the left, are a little bit overshadowed by the sudden appearance on the big leafy plant.

I really like the new layout Rich. Keeping the front low adds depth to your tank.

I think a nice carpet would look great in that tank. You want some glosso?

You've got one healthy looking tank Rich. I love the wood you added as well, and would like to see a few more pieces. Iwagumi techniques specify odd numbers, so 3 or 5 total pieces would easily put you into serious nature aquarium territory.

I would also suggest moving the sword in the front center a bit toward the back and placing it more off-center. Avoid symmetry if possible and the tank will look more natural. And I'm with rkilling, I think you should give a carpet a shot. Either Glosso or E. triandra would look great in your tank. rkilling's got your Glosso and I've got your E. triandra if you decide to give either a shot :)

Beautiful work man :)

Two weeks later with my new CO2 system, misting away. I added some new wood and moved a few things around. Let me know what you think. i am still considering the lawn idea. I might pick up some micro swords and give that a shot in the front.

Attachments

• 36_-_1__large__147.jpg
    36_-_1__large__147.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 36_-_2__large__203.jpg
    36_-_2__large__203.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 26
I liked it with your hardscape off to the side, Plants are growing in nice, not sure maybe to much happening in the center of the tank. JMO, please do not hold it against me.

Definately seeing progress and improvement with each new set of photos. I'd like to see an really nice large piece of driftwood in there. Something that's at least 2/3 the height of the tank. The smaller pieces that you've been using tend to get lost in all your plants.

A few of my latest photos.

Attachments

• 36-1__large__956.jpg
    36-1__large__956.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 36-2__large__183.jpg
    36-2__large__183.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 38
Like the hardscape more and more, That wood sticking up in the middle is nice.
What is that sticking up under your filter intake, wood or rock?

That looks amazing Rich. I like the thicker growth and the wood very much :) The lighting looks much better in those photos too. Great job!

A few new ones.

Attachments

• 2-21-07_019__large__363.jpg
    2-21-07_019__large__363.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 2-21-07_015__large__130.jpg
    2-21-07_015__large__130.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom