My 37 Column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my tank up and running for a few years now and it has had its ups and downs. I run the Marineland c220 canister filter and the ESHOPPS 3rd Generation PSK-100H Hang-on Skimmer for filtration. I have the Nano Maxspect R420R (razor) 16000k LED light. I changed the 90 degree reflector to the 120 degree reflector and love it. My corals do too. Thought I'd post a few pics of my tank and get some opinions on some additions or changes I should make. 1481693734757.jpg1481693749666.jpg1481693772886.jpg1481693960374.jpg

A couple different shots of my coral! I'll upload pictures of my fish tomorrow. Trying to make a zoa garden. It's coming along slowly. And look at my Fat head Anthias being nosey! [emoji23] 1481695038892.jpg

Looks nice. I switched to the 120 degree optics on my Radions as well. Pretty big improvement. Do you like your PSK? I'm running a 75 on my reef tank and it is doing a great job. I never really thought much about it besides the daily maintenance stuff until I read that Eshopps came out with a new skimmer.

Looks nice. I switched to the 120 degree optics on my Radions as well. Pretty big improvement. Do you like your PSK? I'm running a 75 on my reef tank and it is doing a great job. I never really thought much about it besides the daily maintenance stuff until I read that Eshopps came out with a new skimmer.

I think a Radion lighting fixture will be my next upgrade. I just looked at one on BRS. That 400 dollar price tag though! Sheesh! But yea I love my skimmer it works wonders! Who would've thought this hang on the back would do such a great job. I mean I have to clean my cup every week or it gets really nasty. Once it gets dirty the bubbles won't slide up and out into the collection cup.

How are the plate corals? I always see them, but I hear stories of them trying to eat shrimp and fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here are some pics of my fish. It was hard to take these pics.
1 fat head anthias
2 yellow tail Blenny
3 yellow hog fish
4 yasha goby
5 pymgy Angelfish1481736831551.jpg1481736845707.jpg1481736851382.jpg1481736857344.jpg

How are the plate corals? I always see them, but I hear stories of them trying to eat shrimp and fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Plate corals are one of my favorite corals! There are some really nice ones out there. They think just about anything that lands on them is food! So I could see that! I came home once and found a fish in its mouth. I'm pretty sure the fish was dead first though. There's no way this plate would've pulled it in alive and well.

Back
Top Bottom