My 37 gallon tank with live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retired_AF

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got the tank cycled and now have put in it's residents.

I have put in:

1 gold gourami
1 opaline blue gourami
1 flame dwarf gourami
1 neon blue gourami
1 spotted leaf fish
2 jade tiger barbs
2 albino tiger barbs
1 tiger barb
2 rainbow sharks
1 catfish (cant remember the exact name)

:fish1:

Did you get that formation to the right from petco or petsmart. I feel like I saw it there and wasn't sure how I felt about it but it looks good. Nice tank

Looks great! I love how you attached live plants to the rock decoration! It adds a lot more realism to it, which is nice.

Your tank looks nice, but it's really not big enough for rainbow sharks. Those fish need 55 gallons minimum...

Did you get that formation to the right from petco or petsmart. I feel like I saw it there and wasn't sure how I felt about it but it looks good. Nice tank

I picked it up from PetSmart. At first I had it sitting flat, like it was on the shelf. I was moving some stuff around and sat it on end so I could maneuver things around and it surprised me how much better it looked. I decided it needed to stay that way since it gave me more and better places to place the plants.

:)

Looks great! I love how you attached live plants to the rock decoration! It adds a lot more realism to it, which is nice.

Thanks! Since I started using live plants I just can't make myself put the plastic ones in. They just look too phony. I guess I'm spoiled... LOL:lol:

Ur tank looks great! I love the rock feature!! Thou I do think u are overstocked.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking ther same thing. The jade tigers came from my son's tank. He has parrot fish and they were tearing them up. I'm thinking of trading the rainbows back to my son who is setting up a 55 gallon tank and going with some type of catfish. I haven't decided what kind yet.:fish2:

Your tank looks nice, but it's really not big enough for rainbow sharks. Those fish need 55 gallons minimum...

Yeah, I'm thinking of giving them to my son who is setting up a 55. But they do look cool for now... :)

Or maybe I can con the wife into a 75 (can't let the son outdo me, can I?)

Retired_AF said:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking ther same thing. The jade tigers came from my son's tank. He has parrot fish and they were tearing them up. I'm thinking of trading the rainbows back to my son who is setting up a 55 gallon tank and going with some type of catfish. I haven't decided what kind yet.:fish2:

O ok. That's cool then. If it's temporary it should be fine. Catfish? Oo Cory and ottos! I love ottos :) they are so cool! They are one of the best algae eater too!

Yeah, I'm thinking of giving them to my son who is setting up a 55. But they do look cool for now... :)

Or maybe I can con the wife into a 75 (can't let the son outdo me, can I?)

That's cool. =] Yeah, a 75 would be ideal for one of those. And then you could have more medium-sized fish, too.

Looks great, I was thinking about doing something close to that with my 29g.

Back
Top Bottom