My 44g log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tested water before work last night it was 30-40ppm nitrates so this morning I build a device to help with adding water to tank so the gravel and decor do not get disturbed from the 5 gal buckets of water then I did a 75% water change. Total cost of device free.
I used two 3 foot long dowel rods and a plastic bucket that you get from he hospital.

I drilled 15-20 holes in the bottom of the bucket and then I cut 2 slots in each side to feed the rods thru then I can set the bucket on top of the tank and pour the water in the bucket and it defuses the water.

It worked great and the fish do not get thrown around by the sudden rush of water.

May post a topic on it with pictures this afternoon so you all can make one.

Tested water before work last night it was 30-40ppm nitrates so this morning I build a device to help with adding water to tank so the gravel and decor do not get disturbed from the 5 gal buckets of water then I did a 75% water change. Total cost of device free.
I used two 3 foot long dowel rods and a plastic bucket that you get from he hospital.

I drilled 15-20 holes in the bottom of the bucket and then I cut 2 slots in each side to feed the rods thru then I can set the bucket on top of the tank and pour the water in the bucket and it defuses the water.

It worked great and the fish do not get thrown around by the sudden rush of water.

May post a topic on it with pictures this afternoon so you all can make one.

Yes please!!!!! That sounds great!!!

Did another 50% water change this afternoon the Nitrates are down to 10ppm I also took the plants from the bottom and attached a weight to them and floating them closer to the top about 6 inches below the surface. I also moved the moss from the back to a more lighted area. I notice some growth on the floating plants so maybe with the closer light source they will take off.

Back
Top Bottom