My 45 Gal. Reef Build - First Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It has been a lot of fun see where it goes. As a first tank, there was no real plan to it. Everything just kind of happened. LOL

On the upper right side of the picture posted above, you can see my RBTA which at the time was huge. For a couple weeks he just wasn't extended and I was trying to figure out why he wasn't happy. Well, while doing tank maintenance yesterday I figured it out. I now have two RBTA. He made like a banana and split. :) So, when I finally get my 125 set up I will have two RBTA and one GBTA, or, I may sell one of these and use it to pay for some of the rock for the 125. It is about time these critters started to pay their own way. hehehehehe

rdnelson99 said:
On the upper right side of the picture posted above, you can see my RBTA which at the time was huge. For a couple weeks he just wasn't extended and I was trying to figure out why he wasn't happy. Well, while doing tank maintenance yesterday I figured it out. I now have two RBTA. He made like a banana and split. :) So, when I finally get my 125 set up I will have two RBTA and one GBTA, or, I may sell one of these and use it to pay for some of the rock for the 125. It is about time these critters started to pay their own way. hehehehehe

Congrats! I see 40$ in your future!

Thanks kdpuffer. What part of Alberta are you in? I grew up 14 miles sough of the border in NE Montana. Spent a little time in Banff. Gorgeous up there.

One last shot of my 45 gallon aquarium before I tear it down to put up the 125 gallon. :) Been a great learning experience and I was very happy with the way it all came together. But, I am very excited to "Go Big or Go Home!". :)

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 98
rdnelson99 said:
One last shot of my 45 gallon aquarium before I tear it down to put up the 125 gallon. :) Been a great learning experience and I was very happy with the way it all came together. But, I am very excited to "Go Big or Go Home!". :)

Goodbye 45. You will be missed until you are fully replaced

Great looking tank! Thanks for the new background for my laptop! Haha :D

Thanks. I started out knowing nothing about this hobby and got lucky when I found this site. Most everything I have learned came from here. I spend more time on a local club site now because I have gotten to know the people and because I can purchased equipment and livestock at a fraction of the price. But my heart is still with AA. :)

Looks good! What is that SPS in the high-left? It looks great (nice and healthy with new growth)!

That is a Blue Tip Stag Horn. When I first joined the local club, a guy posted a thread called Pay It Forward. He said when he got in this hobby, people just gave stuff to each other so he wanted to help out some one just getting started. I took him up on it and he gave me 4 nice frags. That was one of them. He has since become a good friend. A couple of months ago his tank crashed. (turned out to be a broken heater frying everything). When he got it all straightened out he had nothing. I was able to give him back a big chunk of that as well as several other cutting from my tank. Just shows to go you, what comes around goes around. :)

Well, I am happy to say it is time to end this thread. My 45 is no longer!!! I replaced it with.....................

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom