My 45 Gal. Reef Build - First Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting a bit nervous. Haven't seen the new Diamond Goby or any dust storms today. I am sure he is hiding under a rock but.....

Found him. He was on the carpet behind the canister filter. :-(. Going to have to fend some smaller egg create.

Yeah, I was afraid of that when I didn't see him all day. I worked from home yesterdays so I had an eye on the tank most of the day. I looked around but didn't see anything until last night. I figured there was no way he could fit through the egg create but he found a way. Guess a trip to HD is in order today to find some decent screen I can rig over the egg create.

The $10 frag I picked up at last nights Frag Swap. I could have spent $10k and filled my tank but I guess this will do for now. :)

Thanks guys. It seems to be doing well. Last night when I fed the fish a couple pieces of pellets landed on it and it immediately closed up and had dinner. :)

Ok picked up a replacement for my Diamond Goby today. It is in the aclimation bucket as we speak (well, as I type). LOL Also got 10 more hermit crab and 10 more snails. Picked up a little more acrylic and some weld on so I can build my DIY overflow. Had to get some propane for my tourch as well. My wife's hair dryer just didn't quite put out enough heat. I will post some pictures when I get going good.

I decided that since this goby is a replacement, I am going to name him Herman. Why, because Herman Cane is going to be a replacement in about a years time. :) Oh come on!!! It is a joke!!!! Get over it already. LOL

Ok picked up a replacement for my Diamond Goby today. It is in the aclimation bucket as we speak (well, as I type). LOL Also got 10 more hermit crab and 10 more snails. Picked up a little more acrylic and some weld on so I can build my DIY overflow. Had to get some propane for my tourch as well. My wife's hair dryer just didn't quite put out enough heat. I will post some pictures when I get going good.

I decided that since this goby is a replacement, I am going to name him Herman. Why, because Herman Cane is going to be a replacement in about a years time. :) Oh come on!!! It is a joke!!!! Get over it already. LOL

Cool, can't wait to see the new additions!

Picked up 4 new corals last night. A fellow reefer posted on a local forum that he want to help newcomers by giving away some frags. This guy really hooked me up. Told me to get in touch in a couple weeks and he would hook me up with "some of the corals that were calling my name". LOL Great guy. By the time I got home I just barely had time to get them in the tank before lights out so I will get some picks tonight.

Picked up 4 new corals last night. A fellow reefer posted on a local forum that he want to help newcomers by giving away some frags. This guy really hooked me up. Told me to get in touch in a couple weeks and he would hook me up with "some of the corals that were calling my name". LOL Great guy. By the time I got home I just barely had time to get them in the tank before lights out so I will get some picks tonight.
That is so awesome! I will be waiting for the pictures (I have to wait a whole day, LOL).:whistle:

free frags!! oh man that is so awesome!!! we still need pics of the fish, now you have to add pics of the corals as well!

LOL Yeah, I am a bit behind. The only night I got home at a decent time was the night the debate was one. Or was that the "Rumble In Jungle"????? LOL

Ok here are pics of three out of the four corals I was given last night. The other was a tiny piece and the current has taken it and hid it. LOL. I will find it this weekend. Someone tell me if the one in the third pic is upside down or not please. LOL. I had it on a rock and again the current must have taken it.

Attachments

• image-1350747605.jpg
    image-1350747605.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image-4005956872.jpg
    image-4005956872.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3644727958.jpg
    image-3644727958.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 64
they are all right side up! cool looking fish... what are these new corals? top right and bottom left specifically.

Oh and you expect me to know. LOL The top right I think is called a Blue Tip. I am sure that isn't the full name though. I just haven't had time to sit down and research all the names yet.

Back
Top Bottom