My 4ft tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Check my sig link for pics.I want to replace the castle with some slate caves for old plec to breed in and make it truly natural.

10 points for anyone who can spot the bn plec :)

Also going to upgrade my hood and lighting in the newyear so I can grow some more plants. They the only things that survive. I had java ferns that went black but were still rooting.. what would cause that?

all the smaller plants at the back ground are a months growth on the 2 original plants. Took about 2-3 months to grow the moss from a patch about 25% of the surent size.

Also the grass has provided me with 2 new plants in 2 months. not bad for what I believe to be a 2 year old 29w tube lol

Seems kinda....dark or murky almost im not liking the substrate. perhaps a brighter backdrop would help. but other than that cool tank i like how its setup, the fish seem to be utilizing all of the space.

Seems kinda....dark or murky almost im not liking the substrate. perhaps a brighter backdrop would help. but other than that cool tank i like how its setup, the fish seem to be utilizing all of the space.

Pictures was took at night with the crappiest ceiling light ever and I didn't use the flash as the pics looked brilliant on the camera view screen, not the case as I transfered it on to the pc :(

I want to put some mesh at the back and grow java moss all up the back of the tank........ i think, or maybe thats just trying to be overly clever.

That can look really great. Be careful though, as a wall placed too close to the back can cause fish to become trapped and die.

That can look really great. Be careful though, as a wall placed too close to the back can cause fish to become trapped and die.

Good point. I shall probably try it fine a way of closing the sides and bottom off.

Going to try find some home bade slate caves now for some ideas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom