My 55 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t4runnr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I guess its that time that I can show my tank. Sorry for the poor photo. I'll try to take better pics this weekend.

Current stock (probably a bit overstocked but params have been constant with no spikes):
1 bolivian ram
1 electric blue german ram
1 angel
15 cardinal tetra
8 rummynose tetra
3 otos
2 bn plecos
3 nerite snails
5 amano shrimp
zillions of MTS

The plants are:
Ludwigia repens (left side)
Anubias (left side)
Bacopa monnieri (right center)
Rotala rotundifolia (next to the bacopa)
Anubias (right side)
Alternantera reineckii (right front)
Kawagoeanum (right side in front of the vals)
Vals (right back)

I decided to try the T2 light fixtures from American Aquarium Products. I have 4 of the 13 watt lights. They work really well.

I'm not using any CO2. Have been dosing PPS-Pro for 3 weeks now. Every plant is growing quicker than I thought. Each Anubias have sprouted a new leaf each week. The pics don't show it but some of the Vals reach the surface and run along the surface to about the center of the tank. The ludwigia on the left are growing tall and shooting off new stems constantly. I was worried that the driftwood would block light from the ludwigia but all is well so far.

I'm doing a wait and see approach with this light setup and the ferts I'm using before adding any more plants. I'll add more of the same plants to the bare background when its trimming time. I would like to add some type of moss to the driftwood. But I'm not totally convinced of doing so yet.

Attachments

• current tank.jpg
    current tank.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom