My 55g. Looking for suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this is my 55 as it stands today. I'm still looking for a statement plant and I'm wondering what you guys might think would look nice in here.

My setup is 98 watts of t5ho on for 9 hours, split 4/5. Ending my DIY co2 for a pressurized system by the end of the week, and scattered root tabs throughout the gravel substrate.

What do you think?

Attachments

• image-1087794339.jpg
    image-1087794339.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 204
beautiful tank! i think you're all set!!!! whats your stock? do you have a centerpiece fish????

animalzrok2 said:
beautiful tank! i think you're all set!!!! whats your stock? do you have a centerpiece fish????

If I told you my full stock list, I know I'd get yelled at on here. ;-) No centerpiece fish, since i dont want to push it. I have been lucky though. My neons don't nip, my rasboras haven't become snacks, my guppies, mollies, and platies are breeding like mad, and my gouramis and columbian tetras aren't aggressive at all. I think the heavy plant load really helps out with that.

From what I can see (I'm on my phone) all the plants look green...... Maybe through some ones with fe purpley red leaves on (I'm only VERY new to plants so I don't know names) i just think it provides a nice colour contrast

Super_Blueberry said:
If I told you my full stock list, I know I'd get yelled at on here. ;-) No centerpiece fish, since i dont want to push it. I have been lucky though. My neons don't nip, my rasboras haven't become snacks, my guppies, mollies, and platies are breeding like mad, and my gouramis and columbian tetras aren't aggressive at all. I think the heavy plant load really helps out with that.

Lol okay. Your guppies mollies and plates must be happy though :)

animalzrok2 said:
What's your stock plant wise?

Let's see, echinodorus vesuvius, dwarf sag, wisteria, water sprite ( bought off eBay do not 100% on that ) argentine swords, two types of ludwigia ( not sure the species ), a mystery sword, a crypt ( not sure is the species ), and an anubias ( again an unknown species ). I had some ricca on rocks that just didn't get enough light, so what is left is in my 10g.

As earlier stated. Only thing that I would change (although the tank is absolutely gorgeous) would be add some color contrast with some red/purple plants. Maybe a centerpiece Tiger Lotus?

Predfan27 said:
As earlier stated. Only thing that I would change (although the tank is absolutely gorgeous) would be add some color contrast with some red/purple plants. Maybe a centerpiece Tiger Lotus?

I've been looking for something red for awhile now, but can't find anything locally to get a good look at it, and online pictures can be deceiving both good and bad.

Super_Blueberry said:
I've been looking for something red for awhile now, but can't find anything locally to get a good look at it, and online pictures can be deceiving both good and bad.

Agreed. I went online to aquariumplants.com. They have great selection and reasonable prices. You can find some redder plants there.

Just an update, I ordered these the other day:
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Limnophila aromatica

I think I'll clear out some of the wisteria in back to make room for these. Thoughts?

What a tremendous looking tank. The quantity of plants that all look so healthy is a huge benefit to the tank. I'm not speaking like a professional or anything. I've only been into this hobby for a year now. I know what it's like to feel lucky in regards to an over crowded tank. The plant stock that you have can handle an over populated tank. My first tank was a 20 gallon. It was over crowded until I split it up into a 29 and 10. But what I found to work out the best was a diverse selection of live plant life. Your tank is looking great keep up the good work. Do you have any Bamboo? They can be grow up to about 35 inches so tank specifications are important when stocking your aquarium. Keep up the fantastic work and more pictures please!

Also, some easy color in foreground can consist of Bronze Crypts. Just an option.

Also, those 2 plants are great great choices. I'd add them kind of middle ground to break up the green.

*EDIT* I'd say one variety if the plant should go to the left of what looks like Ludwigia, on the other side of the driftwood probably. Then for the other variety, remove some of the back right plant and plant that right in front of it.

Back
Top Bottom