my 55g rebuild/revamp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked up a solarmax t5 Ho dual set up with moonlights. I didn't realize I'd need a glass canopy so that will be coming shortly. The lights give my tank a green tint when the daylight light lamp is not on. Strange.

Also I was reading why my crays may be brown instead of the bright blue and apparently from stress. Which I can't figure out.... The water tested 0, 0, 15. Thoughts?

So after purchasing some tetras that I did NOT qt I now have an ich infestation.... Ouch. Lesson learned.

But here is the problem..... I've started raising the temp to 89. I'm worried about the crayfish and the increase. Will they handle the high heat

I've upped the temperature to 89 for the past couple of days. My smaller cray who was looking the most stressed was moved into the 29g guppy tank. I can't seem to find my snails though :( do you think the heat killed them?

The heat is great with ich. My lfs recommend quick cure but I'm already seeing progress with the heat.

Also just curious if anyone has read this thread.... And if anyone doses iodine for their inverts

The ich is finally gone! The cray did okay with the high heat but I lost my smaller one in my guppy tank. He was dead when I returned.

The sword has some diatoms/algae on it. what gives?

I also got an anubis which is loosely tied to some fake driftwood

Back
Top Bottom